I had the pleasure of judging the last Queen City Hack hosted by Gas Buddy. I was BLOWN AWAY! These teams created some amazing applications, working applications, applications designed beautifully, ALL IN 24 HOURS!!! I couldn’t believe what these teams created and was incredibly surprised! I left inspired, the future is looking very bright. Here are 5 reasons you should get involved with the next Hack-a-Thon:
If all you’re doing is sharing selfies, you’re doing it wrong.
If all you do is share quotes, you’re doing it wrong.
If all you do is share vacation photos, you’re doing it wrong.
If all you do is post cat photos, you’re getting closer but you’re still doing it wrong.
Born out of necessity the Hat Farm has grown into an amazing example of Social Enterprise.
Did you hear us on the radio? @cbcsask Afternoon Edition had us on, along with an online spread! Thanks for the support!—————————HAT FARM exists out of necessity; housing in Regina is grim. Racism rules, as we saw in recent housing listings in Prince Albert. Classism is rampant as many landlords refuse to rent to those on Social Assistance. People lack adequate personal and financial supports which are necessary for everyone to maintaining stable housing. Large populations are unable to obtain housing because the housing that could support their needs does not exist. HAT FARM exists to sell hats but also encourage discussion about what’s going on in your own neighbourhood. Get informed!
A photo posted by The Hat Farm (@thehatfarm) on
The Hat Farm started at Carmichael Outreach in Regina. Carmichael Outreach is a place where people can get clothing, food, a cup of coffee, help with housing, drug addiction, plus pretty much anything else people need when they have no where else to turn. In 2014 Carmichael Outreach served 53,689 meals to people in Regina. In 2015 it’s looking like that number will be closer to 70,000. They’re growing, and that’s not a good thing. I mean it is great people who maybe weren’t getting a meal last year have the chance to but as an organization they can’t just keep growing. Read more
Your search results are wrong. Well not exactly, but kind of. Google personalizes your search results based on your search history and location. To get a true look at the top search results in Google you have to turn off your cookies or use a service like Moz (the company we use).
Before we get into the 20 top Regina keyword searches we need to define a few terms for you.
From Moz (formerly known as SEO Moz): “Domain Authority represents Moz’s best prediction for how a website will perform in search engine rankings.”
- Based on 40 different signals Moz measures, including linking root domains, number of total links, MozRank, MozTrust, etc.
- It’s a logarithmic scale so going from 10 to 20 is significantly easier than going from 60 to 70.
- It’s a relative measurement for predicting Google search results. It’s better to compare Domain Authority to other websites than simply using it to track a single websites’ success.
From Moz: “Page Authority is Moz’s calculated metric for how well a given webpage is likely to rank in Google.com’s search results.”
- Based on 100 measured variables Moz tracks
- Also a logarithmic scale, going from 10 to 20 will be easier than going from 50 to 60.
- Page Authority differs from Domain authority as the former measures how well a single page will rank in Google and the later predicts the overall performance of your website in Google.
External Linking Domains
External Linking Domain are hyperlinks on websites pointing back towards your website.
- Top SEOs believe that external links are the most important source of Google ranking power.
- Links to your website act as votes to search engines. The more votes you get, the more valuable your website appears to Google
Here are 20 of the most difficult “Regina” keywords to rank for in Google. It’s interesting to compare these keywords to the same for Vancouver, San Francisco and Palo Alto. It’s obviously not as difficult to rank here in Regina, but looking at other centres to see what the future of search engine optimization holds is always a good idea.
Search Engine Results Page
20. Apartment Regina
19. Dentists Regina Read more
Have you ever wondered how many people in Regina are searching on Google for what you provide? From Pizza Regina (12,100 monthly local searches) to Yoga Regina (1,900 monthly local searches), some surprises and some obviously very popular searches (Hotel Regina).
Below you’ll finally get an idea of how many people actually Google Church Regina, Lawyer Regina, and Party bus Regina. We also solve the age old question, what do people from Regina Google more, Pizza or Chinese Food? (hint, pizza Regina wins by a long shot. Shocking.)
***Warning*** these numbers aren’t’ perfect, they are the average and they fluctuate just the same as local demand fluctuates. If you want to find the search volume of your own keywords check out Google Adwords Keyword Tool.
Listed below are 101 of the most searched Regina keyword terms in Google. Listed is the local search demand and the global search demand in Google. Read more
Saskatchewan Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs (SYPE), is a group of young, influential business minded folks who are the future leaders of our economic powerhouse of a province. That’s correct, these people are moving AND shaking. Last Thursday night SYPE hosted their Movember Gala.
It turns out that we not only attended but I (Jeph) ended up winning Mustache of the year. Ironically, Derek Wu, Brandon’s brother, proudly won the worst mustache of the year, which might I add, came down to a sock off which Derek prevailed.
The night was a hoot to say the least.
- 33 Lessons in Neuromarketing
- 23 Questions On How To Break Your Customers Expectations
- 21 Questions About Your Change Management Strategy
- Content Creation Strategy
- 27 Questions About Your Customer Service Strategy
- What’s Your Why? Strategic Planning in 2017
- 32 Questions About Your Research Strategy
- 24 Questions About Your Measurement Strategy
- 21 Questions About Your Search Engine Strategy?
- 14 Questions About What Type of Company You Want To Be
- How Do We Do Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
- How Do We Measure Your Website Strategy?
Don't like us on Facebook! Wait, What?
Strategy Lab Marketing
2151 Albert St.
Regina, SK S4P 2V1