Welcome to the creative lottery, whether you stumble upon this by coincidence or a wonderful friend of your told you about this page you are very lucky. Whether you’re just starting with design or you want to perfect your craft, a session with Dr. Eddy will blow your creative mind. You’re going to need Photoshop, Illustrator will help too, over a four week period expect your brain to start leaking creative thoughts. You’ll be designing in your sleep, crafting beautifully design toast art every morning. This class will literally change your creative life.
Do you love the way things looks? Are you even a small fan of art? Do have a more than serious relationship with pizza? This creative class could be for you!
What will you learn about design and photoshop?
- The Four rules of design (Colour, Contrast, Subtlety, Simplicity)
- How to use basic Photoshop tools (the basic 15 quick keys in Photoshop)
- How to use masks to edit photos without changing the original file
- How to find and install new fonts and use new fonts in photos
- How to design a basic logo, stickers, postcards, posters
- How to create files for print as well as files for the website (and knowing the difference between the two)
- How to pick a colour scheme that looks good and goes well together
- How to downsize a photo without losing quality
- How to quickly edit a photo to make it look good
In all seriousness, the cost is $149, basically to cover the cost of Dr. Eddy’s Pizza. You get four classes on four Friday’s in a row (June 9, June 16, June 23, June 30 @ 6pm-9pmISH). You’ll be making logo’s, updating brochures, making postcards, designing and creating murals downtown Regina, heck anything you can imagine, you can create.
Put your PJ’s on and pop on by the @StratLab office, you’re going to learn a TON and have a blast doing it.
They aren’t, that’s the easy answer. Well not yet. The executives in and around Regina and Saskatchewan are slower to adopt this new found social technology. Sure there are some very social executives (and a social Premier!) you’ll find out about them in the presentation but for the vast majority of leaders in the business community have fallen prey to the “I don’t have enough time” and the “I don’t get it” virus.
So how is the C-Suite using Social Media? They use Twitter and LinkedIn. The presentation below is mostly focused on Twitter.
In the presentation you’ll find:
- Some of the most important Tweets of all time
- 5 Myths about Social Media
- Several case studies of business/political leaders and organizations who use Twitter specifically (and use it well!)
- We finish off with 3 “How To’s”, tips on making you better on Twitter.
Thanks to everyone who came out to dive into the deep world of Google Analytics and measurement tools with us. The morning went very well, stimulated some educational conversation, and highlighted some compelling case studies. This workshop was geared toward non-profit organizations and will be followed by workshops open to all companies. See you all at the next one!
On September 16, 2013 the wonderful staff at the Globe Theatre in Regina and I shared a laugh or three. It was a lot of fun. It was on the five keys to customer service in 2013 and beyond.
***Important*** On the slides that show a website, click the website in the slide, it links to the actual website.
Hey Saskatoon, what are you doing September 18th? Sask Made Marketplace and Strategy Lab have teamed up to offer an afternoon workshop titled “Everything You’ve Heard About Social Media Is Wrong”. An afternoon workshop about your online marketing strategy.
You’ll learn about Twitter, Facebook, blogging, how to establish an online strategy (and how to measure it) and how to standout. You’re going to learn a lot.
When: Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Time: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
Location: The Saskatoon Club, 417-21st East, Saskatoon
(Dress code in effect. Smart, casual business attire, no jeans.)
Cost: $50 – CAMA Members
$60 – Non-CAMA Members
Here’s some inspiring words from Meph Jaystruck…
Here’s a little video I put together about it…
Don’t like us on Facebook!