Tag Archive for: website
https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/strategy-lab-website.jpg 1607 2400 Jeph https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/strat-icon-2021-white.png Jeph2019-05-19 00:25:342019-05-27 10:41:094 Questions You Have To Ask Your Website Company Before You Get a Website
https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/How-we-measure-your-website-using-Moz.jpg 1412 2835 Jeph https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/strat-icon-2021-white.png Jeph2015-09-29 14:11:092015-10-12 16:03:43How We Measure Your Website || Episode 32 of #InTheLab
Warning, Jeph gets nerdy in this one!!
Warning, Jeph gets nerdy in this one!!
The slides I go through in the video are included in the Slideshare below. Some of the images aren’t the highest quality in the presentation, if you want to look at the specific reports referenced, scroll down I’ve included them in this post!
1. Open Site Explorer
You have to start somewhere with measurement, Open Site Explorer is a good place to start. It’s also a Free SEO tool you can use. We use Domain Authority as a central metric to compare websites to each other. If you want to learn more about Domain Authority check out this blog here (What is Domain Authority? And why do we use it?). Read more
https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Iheartculture-dot-ca-1024x768.jpg 768 1024 Jeph https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/strat-icon-2021-white.png Jeph2013-07-27 11:48:212017-12-31 16:45:54Give Me a Reason to go to Your Website – A Lesson From [IHeartCultureDotca]
Brandon recently completed a website for Regina Culture Days titled “iHeartCulture.ca“. Then they did the most important thing, they gave me a reason to check it out.
I love when people actually care about their website.
On their launch day at the downtown city square plaza you couldn’t miss this bus:
“Win packages to Saskatchewan Festivals. To enter visit IHeartCulture.ca”
They didn’t go the “field of dreams” route with their website like so many do. Spending a small fortune, you know, the if you build it they will come mentality. Stop it!
Building a website is easy. Getting people to your website again and again is difficult.
You must try harder every day to get people to your website. Obviously you’re going to need to measure what people are doing once they are on your website, but that’s for another blog post you silly nilly!
Good on you IHeartCulture!
https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Google-is-greater-than-social-media.jpg 300 800 Jeph https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/strat-icon-2021-white.png Jeph2013-03-14 00:02:522017-12-31 13:03:46What’s better Website Traffic, Search Engine Traffic or Social Media Traffic?
Hands down I think Search Engine traffic is better, below are 3 reason why.
I’d love to hear why you think social media traffic is better in the comments below. Read more
https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/benjamin-dada-323461.jpg 3456 5184 Jeph https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/strat-icon-2021-white.png Jeph2012-12-06 16:12:022017-12-24 21:04:43How do I come up for ________ in Google search?
Coming up in Google for phrases your ideal customers are searching for is one of the most important tactics within your marketing strategy.
Think about how customers will find you in the future. Will they go directly to your website? Will they be searching on Facebook? Will they just ask their friends? Will they simply just ask their friends on Twitter? Will they look you up in the phone book? Will they see your coupon in the mail and go to your store and buy? Read more
https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/adrien-296945.jpg 3456 5184 Brandon https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/strat-icon-2021-white.png Brandon2012-11-22 14:06:502017-12-24 20:55:19Responsive Website for Mobile Devices
https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/benny-jackson-222664.jpg 3002 4506 Jeph https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/strat-icon-2021-white.png Jeph2012-11-19 12:17:312017-12-24 20:39:07The Most Underrated Part of Your Business: Your HR Strategy
We never talk about our human resource strategy, HR’s never really top of mind, and we don’t attend many board meetings on specific outcomes of next years’ HR strategy. Why is that? HR has a bad wrap stemming from University, everyone joked about the crazy HR lady at companies. You know, the lady that had been there for 30 years and still hugged you on occasion but recognized it was “wrong” in the workplace? Read more
https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/SEO.jpg 300 300 Jeph https://strategylab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/strat-icon-2021-white.png Jeph2012-08-06 23:59:072017-12-20 16:04:1117 Search Engine Optimization Resources
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as a marketing tactic will continue to grow in importance for any company who’s growing their online presence. If immediately you say “oooh but Jeph, we live in Regina, Saskatchewan, SEO doesn’t work here! I’ma git me another bus bench ad!” I truly feel sorry for you, you may leave now.
As for those of you who want to learn more about SEO and need a place to start, you’ve come to the right place.
Here are 17 of the most helpful articles, video and inforgraphics on search engine optimization, please add your favorite in the comments below.
1. A good start will be with definitions, learn the new words that you’re going to hear in boardroom SEO conversations, now you’ll actually know what people are talking about when they reference your internal link structure and you can answer like the shmarty pants you are.
2. A good overview of the SEO process from SEOMoz, most content coming from SEOMoz is well researched and to the point. I use SEOMoz a lot.
3. This is probably the most exhaustive article on local search factors, worth a read before you start focusing the wrong attributes establishing your local search engine optimization campaign:
4. On Page Search Engine Optimization, keywords, the page’s user experience, page authority, domain authority and multi vs single page optimization:
5. An article written based on information provided by Google, things to focus on when building a website that you want to rank for specific search terms:
6. This is a great article for beginners looking at how to evaluate how a single page on a site.
7. There’s a lot to this report but it covers almost everything from an SEO audit report
8. In this article, Avinash Kaushik shares the most effective metrics to use to measure the effectiveness of your website.
9. SEO yet again provides us with a juicy post on making the highly sought after link bait posts. A lot of people misunderstand this as a tactic, definitely worth a read:
10. A great 20 point overview of what to do and not to do to rank in the top 10 on Google
SEO Tips to Shorten Time to The Top 10 from SEO Design Solutions
11. A lot of great tips in here if you’re a designer or interested in a best practices article on web design for a high traffic site.
12. A great read on different SEO tactics and their effectiveness. Link bait, infographics, how to’s, there are a lot of options out there, this post simplifies how and why you’d create different types of content on your site.
13. Many different ideas and tactics to help in building links to your site.
14. This is a great read on the your overall digital strategy, you must read it.