Have you ever wondered who the most influential people on Twitter in Regina are? I have, lots, I compiled a list of people to follow a while ago but it was a list I came up with myself (pretty, pretty, pretty, biased). The list below was created using Followerwonk. An awesome tool from the goodlookin’ folks at Moz.
In Followerwonk you can search peoples’ bios, location, and much, more. For this infographic, I searched for all the people on Twitter with ‘Regina’ listed as their location. There were just over 21,000 results. Below are the top 100 people ranked by Social Authority. Social Authority is made up of three main parts, you can read more about it here and here.
The definition of Social Authority from MOZ:
- The retweet rate of a few hundred of the measured user’s last non-@mention tweets
- A time decay to favor recent activity versus ancient history
- Other data for each user (such as follower count, friend count, and so on) that are optimized via a regression model trained to retweet rate
Below you’ll also find three columns on the right that provide each individuals % Tweets w/ @contacts (a measure of how engaging you are), % Tweets w/ URLs (a measure of what you share) and % Retweets in your Timeline (a measure of how active you are). If you want a further explanation of what % Tweets w/ @contacts, % Tweets w/ URLs, and % Retweets in Timeline, see this post from the Moz on the new engagement metrics for Twitter. If Tweeter doesn’t have these values beside their name, it’s because Moz didn’t register the number, either inadequate information or not enough Tweet volume.
Searched bios on Twitter for: Regina
Sorted by: Social Authority
For the entire list of everyone who has a Social Authority ranking (and to find your own score), see the Spreadsheet here: 1292 of the Most Influential People on Twitter in Regina.
This will be the biggest year of my life and hopefully yours too. As such I thought it would be helpful to set a couple goals. Do you set goals? You should. I could help you.
1. Win the last game of the season coaching volleyball.
My favorite pass time for the past few years has been coaching volleyball. It’s the best.
2. Read 52 books this year.
Came up several short last year.
3. To have a family dinner once a week.
I have a 15 month old nephew who thinks I’m just the funniest.
4. To help the University of Regina Alumni create something to be proud of.
Already in progress. Will report back.
5. To fall in love with the organizations that want my help. (Ehem, Capital Ford, Regina Police, Regina and District Association for Community Living).
6. Have SIAST ask me to teach more. (I’m teaching a marketing class for the first time ever this semester).
7. To speak in a province or state that I’ve never spoke in before.
Yes I’m still giving out lottery tickets during presentations if you were wondering.
8. To grow Strategy Lab to five of us.
Yeah that’s right, tell yer kids, tell yer wife.
9. Lose 20 pounds.
(I’ve been trying for 7 years but love cooking and wine far too much)
10. To always give credit when do.
A teacher in grade 11 once told our class when ever you receive amazing service you should tell the person or company. They may never know the impact they’re making unless you tell them.
11. To admit being wrong more often.
This is more so for Brandon and Linden. We argue a lot. Good arguing though. I think.