We discovered these as a team during a Learning Friday with Eddy, there are so many quick keys that can make your life easier in Photoshop. Yes you don’t need to be a professional designer to be able to use Photoshop, I think it should be taught in school. Being able to manipulate an image is powerful. To be able to do it in a way where people can’t tell you did it?! That’s well what Eddy does!
It’s amazing what you can do in Photoshop, learn it, practice it, create something amazing! Oh and I know that title is a little aggressive, if we’ve missed some of if you don’t believe this list is right please add to it in the comments below!
Here are top 10 plus 5 Quick keys (shortcuts) in Photoshop
- Press “D” for the default. It’ll bring your fore ground and background colours to to the default state (black and white).
- Press “X” alternates foreground and background colours.
- “Space bar” is your temporary hand so you can move around your canvas easier.
- Hold down “cmnd” and “+” to zoom in and “cmnd” and “-” to zoom out.
- Hold “cmnd” and “0” shows your entire canvas (everything on screen).
- Press “Q” for quick mask.
- Holding down “ALT” then selecting an object will duplicate the object.
- Holding down “cmnd” and “J” copies a layer.
- Working with multiple layers: holding “cmnd” and clicking an object selects that objects layer.
- Adjusting Layer opacity, you can use the numbers on your keyboard to control percentage of opacity.
Five Freebies that you should already know in Photoshop…
- Hold “cmnd” and “C” to copy
- Hold “cmnd” and “X” to cut
- Hold “cmnd” and “V” to paste
- Hold “cmnd” and “D” to deselect whatever you had selected and “hold “cmnd”+”shift” to reselected what you just deselected
- Hold “cmnd” and “Z” to undo whatever you just did.