About your Change Management Strategy
21 Questions about your Change Management Strategy
- What are the warning signs that signal you must change?
- Does your organization change effectively when it needs to?
- How quickly are you able to provide new information to your customers based on the way they interact with your business? Within seconds? Hours? Days?
- Does senior management feel that they are allowed to admit they don’t know something or that they might be wrong on an issue?
- Have the leaders in your company ever admitted to being wrong?
- Are your major business processes stuck in silos?
- How do you increase communication and collaboration between silos?On your business processes:
- Do your business processes affect your business or customers negatively or get in the way of future business?
- Are your business processes centred around innovation?
- Are your business processes interconnected and adaptable enough to foster growth?
- Can you make the right decisions quickly or possibly automate them? What if you could?
- Does the infrastructure you’ve built perform optimally amidst change and uncertainty?
- Is there any way you could embrace a new application and service delivery model like using the cloud, Google Applications or mobile?What are your goals?
- Do you assess new tactics in a way to ensure they properly align with company goals?
- How do you ensure your process improvement goals are linked to appropriate KPI’s?
- Do your systems take so long to change that they slow business response?
- Does IT budget and resource constraints restrict your ability to deliver?
- Is your IT department changing and re-educating as new technology comes out?
- How current is the information potential customers see when they go to your website?
- How does your organization manage change and complexity?
- Does your IT team and operations team share the same end-goals?