32 Questions about your Research Strategy
1. What’s your philosophy?
2. Do you have a vision, mission, goals and/or core values?
3. What’s the best thing about your company?
4. What’s the worst thing about your company?
5. How do you get customers/clients?
6. How do you ensure they’re receiving the service they need?
7. Can they give you feedback?
8. Where is __________in 5 years?
9. Where is __________in 10 years?
10. Are you changing as fast as your customers are?
11. Who are your best customers?
12. Do they talk about you?
13. What are they searching for?
14. Do they Google you? Will they Google you?
15. Do you give them reasons to talk about you?
16. How do customers contact you? By phone, e-mail, in person?
17. What’s their first impression of your organization?
18. What problem could you solve online for your customers?
19. Who’s your competition?
20. How are you different?
21. What will you create or curate that could help your target audience?
22. How will you share what you create?
23. How much time will you budget to your online strategy? Daily? Weekly? Monthly?
24. Do you have a story? Could you tell in on your website?
25. What’s your most valuable competitive advantage? What if you lost that?
26. What if you lost your biggest customer? What would happen to your business?
27. What would an average employee say about working for you?
28. Do a lot of people refer business to you? Either way, do you know why that is?
29. How will you stay on top of technology?
30. Do you Communicate with your customers where they’re most comfortable communicating?
31. What would your competition say about you? Do you care?
32. At the end of the day, what’s more important, profits or people? (be honest, and remember your answer)